Shiatsu & Massage
206-4368 Main Street
Whistler, British Columbia,
Canada, V0N 1B4
Toll Free: 1.877.604.0777
LOCATED ABOVE 7-11
There are many styles of massage.
There are also many variations to massage. When you make your appointment, let
us know why you are seeking treatment. Then we will be happy to recommend different
types of treatment, and talk to you about the reasons for our recommendation.
- Registered Massage Therapy
- Our Canadian Registered Massage Therapists (RMT's) are amoung the heighest trained in the world. Registered Therapists licenced in British Columbia, work together with other Canadian Medical professionals to provide complete health care.
- Registered Shiatsu Therapists use deep, but gentle, thumb and palm pressure
on acupuncture points and meridians to release deep muscular tension and calm
the nervous system. Clients have a choice to leave on light clothing or to undress
and be covered by a sheet since no oil is used.
- Shiatsu is ideally suited to clients who are suffering with chronic muscular
conditions, chronic stress and who enjoy a deeper treatment than massage without
- Certified Aromatherapists use therapeutic plant oils, individually blended
for the treatment, and light body massage directed towards the lymphatic system
to enhance physical and emotional well-being. It aids both internal as well as
external healing since the oils penetrate the body.
- Aromatherapy is ideal for people "just wanting to relax".
- Certified Reflexologists use thumb pressure to stimulate reflex zones on the
feet relieving tension and restoring balance to body systems.
- Massage effectively relax muscles, increase circulation
and improve joint mobility using light and deep tissue techniques.
- Massage is ideally suited to clients who have "acute" (recent) pain/injuries
(i.e. inflammation) and for those who like a deeper treatment than aromatherapy.
- Thai Massage
- Often refferred to as "lazy person's yoga", Traditional Thai Massage uses a combination of stretching and acupressure to relieve muscle soreness and increase flexibility and range of motion in the joints. Thai healing is performed on a mat on the floor and clients wear loose comfortable clothing as no oil or lotion is used. Deep work is achieved without force in a slow meditative state and both the client and the therapist leave the session deeply relaxed and energized.
- Hot Stone Massage
- Hot Stone Massage involves the application of water-heated basalt stones of varying sizes to key points on the body, giving a deep massage and creating the sensations of comfort and warmth. The direct heat relaxes muscles, allowing manipulation of a greater intensity that with regular massage.
- We also offer other modalities depending on the type of training different
staff members have received:
- -Cranio-sacral therapy
- -Trigger point therapy
- -Myofascial Release
© Copyright 2007 Blue Highways All Rights Reserved.
Website Designed by Docza